Jerez. January 3rd, 2018. Bodegas Lustau was the sherry producer with the most rated wines on Luis Gutiérrez’s article Spain: Current releases from Jerez and other fortified and sweet wines from Andalucía published by the prestigious publication, The Wine Advocate, in December 2017. In this issue, 12 wines from Lustau were rated with 90 points and above.
Luis Gutiérrez tasted through some of Lustau’s most exclusive wines including several to be released gems. The highlights are: the Añada 1998 and Añada 2000, the two new additions to the single harvest range of Lustau The Vintage Series; the Palo Cortado de Jerez Cayetano del Pino and the Amontillado del Castillo from the Almacenista collection being released later this year. Also selected were 6 Single Cask wines from the 2017 exclusive bottled edition for Vila Viniteca.
These ratings are just a reminder of Lustau’s seal of quality and a true reflection of the extraordinary work carried out by the oenological team led by Sergio Martínez, Cellar Master and head winemaker at Bodegas Lustau, awarded Best Fortified Winemaker and Best Spanish Winemaker in 2017 by the International Wine Challenge of London.
The wines and their ratings:
- 94+ points
- Tintilla de Rota Lustau Single Cask 2017
- 93 points
- Palo Cortado de Jerez Almacenista Cayetano del Pino
- Amontillado del Castillo Almacenista Antonio Caballero y Sobrinos
- Lustau Añada 1998 Vintage Sherry
- 92 points
- Moscatel Las Cruces Lustau Single Cask 2017
- Pedro Ximénez Lustau Single Cask 2017
- 91 points
- 3 en Rama Saca 2017 Fino del Puerto
- Fino del Puerto Lustau Single Cask 2017
- Fino de Jerez Lustau Single Cask 2017
- Lustau Añada 2000 Vintage Sherry
- 90 points
- 3 en Rama Saca 2017 Fino de Jerez
- Oloroso del Tonel Lustau Single Cask 2017